Sunday, September 2, 2012

Once Upon the Tracks of Mumbai - Several tracks

The book 'Once Upon the Tracks of Mumbai' runs on several tracks - love, hope, courage, just to name a few.  When I got down to creating visual trailers for the book, I decided to explore Mumbai visually on these three tracks.  So the first promo is all about hopelessness and hope.

The song was recorded by music director duo Sangeet & Siddharth.  Earlier it was meant to have only a female vocalist.  But when Sangeet started singing to direct the female singer, I instantly realized that a duet would be more effective!  Through melody, short track is a communication between two lovers.


The girl's voice is laden with hopelessness.  The guy's voice is lined with hope and a slight lift of spirits.  Earlier, I was planning to shoot with a guy and girl sitting facing the sunset - with the girl being sad, and the guy trying to reassure her.  But then, I found that a little too literal.  So I decided to go abstract and shoot at Bandra Railway Station (one of the characters) and relate the song to the spirit of the people that make Mumbai tick.

Hope you liked the promo!


No comments:

Post a Comment